Hello everyone! As I posted yesterday, if you are not familiar with nail shields, you will want to know! I recently received a sample for my girls and I to try. My girls LOVE this product and so do I!
Jamberry Nail Shields come in a large selection of patterns, solid colors, metallic colors, holiday designs, etc. They are easily applied by selecting the shield that is closest to the width of your nail, cutting as close to length of the nail, warm it up (with a hair drier—how we did it– or portable heater, etc.), once the heat has softened the shield you simply apply it to the nail, apply a bit of pressure, re-heat a bit once on the nail and apply a bit more pressure…and that’s my short version of the procedure. You can file down or trim to make sure it’s even with the nail, etc. And trust me, this “seems” a lot more than it actually was when I did them on both of my girls yesterday.
When you purchase the shields, one sheet will give you enough shields to give the average woman enough for 2-3 manicures OR pedicures. In our case, since my daughters’ nails are so small, we will be a able to get AT LEAST 3 more for each girl. The information on the shields also say these will last on for about 2 weeks on hand nails and up to about 4 weeks on toes! We have not verified that here because we just put them on yesterday. BUT, I was pretty excited to tell you about them, so I honestly didn’t want to wait. :)
My girls LOVE getting their nails done and have in the past also requested “fake” nails… the super glue type. Those are so impractical and I don’t like that we have to just about wait till they wear out before they come off. With the shields, if you want them off before they come off on their own, you just apply some heat again (like with the hair drier for a few secs) and the shield will become soft again and you just remove. Awesome!
I also like that it’s not as messy as when dealing with nail polish. The girls LOVE all the different designs. I have seen some samples of people mixing and matching designs to make contrasts and even “tips” with different patterns. The girls feel they can have designs and such without the hassle of trying to do it with polish or the cost that would come if we went to a nail salon.
Here are some examples of some of the shield patterns my girls and I like best… although there are many more and we tried to condense the selection so we would not have a ton of them on here: :)
My girls and I had a great and fun time. They are wearing their shields at their nail length and not overly long “fake nails”, but they still feel great wearing these! Like I said the girls love them and so do I!
And, since we love them so much, and our wonderful sponsor has agreed to provide a sample for one lucky reader… we are hosting a giveaway! Head over the blog’s FB page in order to enter for a chance to win the sample (design or pattern will be solely at the sponsor’s discretion….and no specific pattern or design is guaranteed to be the awarded sample mailed) and try out Jamberry Nail Shields for yourself!
The giveaway will run starting now till Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 11:59pm EST! The winner will be picked at random from all the entries and will be announced by Friday, May 18th. You must be able to provide a USA address, or APO/FPO address, in order to participate (for shipping purposes).
Trust me! You won’t want to miss out on this… I’m pretty excited for whoever the winner is! I think whoever wins will love these as much as we do. :)
Here’s how to get your entries in: (Entries will be verified and winner randomly picked from ALL entries) You will get one entry added in your name per task completed:
Tasks: The first two tasks-liking my and the sponsor’s FB pages- are mandatory in order to participate. The other tasks listed are for additional opportunities to get more entries! :-)
- You MUST go like the blog’s FB page…. A BETTER ME DAY BY DAY AND post a comment (ON THE FB page) as to why you would like to win. If you do not comment, I won’t be able to track you and give you credit for this.
- You MUST go like CHERYL GIANNELLI-JAMBERRY NAIL-INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT‘s FB page and post a comment (ON HER FB PAGE) to let her know you are a new fan referred by A Better Me Day By Day. If you don’t comment, I won’t be able to track you and give you credit for this.
- Share THIS Review and Giveaway on your FB wall (you can easily do this by using the button at the bottom of this post), and once you’ve shared on your wall, please write a comment HERE to let me know you’ve shared it. If you don’t comment, I won’t be able to give you credit for this.
- Share THIS Review and Giveaway on your twitter account (you can easily do this by using the button at the bottom of this post), and once you’ve shared on your wall, please write a comment HERE to let me know you’ve shared it. If you don’t comment, I won’t be able to give you credit for this.
- As your friends and family members to LIKE the blog’s FB page and comment saying they were referred by YOU (make sure they write your name as it’s on your FB account), and you will get an additional entry for each person who goes in and likes the page referred by you. This will give you EACH a entry to the contest. (There won’t be a need for your referred friends to leave a comment saying why they would like to win… that will be replaced by their comment of being referred by YOU). If your friends don’t comment and give YOU credit for the referral on the Blog’s FB page, I won’t be able to give you credit for this. Please make sure that anyone you refer to the page “likes” it and comments that they were referred by you, so that you get the proper credit.
How many entries will YOU get? Can’t wait to see who wins this one. Best to everyone who participates. :)